1. What is the maximum capacity provided by FPT Telecom for email @fpt.vn, @hcm.fpt.vn?
For mail with domain @fpt.vn, the capacity provided is 50 Mbyte
For mail with domain @hcm.fpt.vn, the capacity provided is 20 Mbyte
2. What types of protocols do Mail @fpt.vn and @hcm.fpt.vn support for the sending and receipt of email?
Supported protocols: POP3/SMTP, IMAP/SMTP, HTTP
5. Instructions on setting up mail @hcm.fpt.vn on Outlook
Incoming mail Server: POP3
Incoming mail (POP3): imail.hcm.fpt.vn
Outgoing mail (SMTP): omail.hcm.fpt.vn
Account name (User name): email account name (excluding @hcm.fpt.vn).
For example: If the e-mail address is ‘email@example.com’, the Account name would be ‘call’
Password: the password used to login to the e-mail
Server Port Number:
Outgoing mail (SMTP): 587
Incoming mail (POP3): 110
6. Instructions on how to handle email sending error of "Your server have unexpectedly terminated connection,..."
Because the computer software have not been changed to the authentication mode of sending email and email sending port has not been changed from port 25 to port 587 (still using the old configuration). Please check the setting parameters on email.
7. Instructions on how to handle email sending error of "554 5.7.1 Recipient address rejected: Inactive mailbox"
This error usually occurs when you do not use email for a long time. On this case, you should contact FPT by sending an error notification email to the mail group firstname.lastname@example.org
to have your email activated again by the technician before you can use it.
8. Instructions on how to handle email sending error of "553 5.7.1 Sender address rejected not owned by user email@example.com"
“This error occurs when you fail to configure the correct user name corresponding to email. Go to the email setting, edit the account name
Note: remove @fpt.vn. For example, if your email is firstname.lastname@example.org, then the account name would be “abc"
9. Vietnamese errors when sending emails from @fpt.vn webmail, thus the recipient cannot read the contents
It is due to the fact that the email server does not support Vietnamese on the web.
10. Instructions on how to handle email sending error of “ Your mailbox is closed”
This error occurs when the email storage has been used up. You check the inbox items and delete all unnecessary emails.